North Metro Atlanta Chapter (GA1)

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Are there any current deployments

dswiatek

My son recently left for Afghanistan. Our first deployment to a war zone. I am missing him like CRAZY!!!

--

Proud Mom of HM3 Matt

April 3, 2011 at 8:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Margaret

My son is there as well. It is a constant worry, isn't it? I keep Skype on all the time and have never used FB so much before!! If you need to talk, feel free to contact any one of us. We all understand what you're going through. We're also going to have a pack-up event in Commerce Ga. on May 21st. Tag along if you can make it! We'd love to have you. {{{HUGS}}}

--

Margaret Aikens

President, BSMoA, North Metro Atlanta Ga. (Ch.1)

[email protected]oo.com

770.575.1365 (H) 404.771.7528 (C)

April 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dswiatek

Margaret at April 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM

My son is there as well. It is a constant worry, isn't it? I keep Skype on all the time and have never used FB so much before!! If you need to talk, feel free to contact any one of us. We all understand what you're going through. We're also going to have a pack-up event in Commerce Ga. on May 21st. Tag along if you can make it! We'd love to have you. {{{HUGS}}}

Thank you Margaret.  I also keep skype open all the time... LOL the things we do to just get a small piece of our boys. I would LOVE to come, just give me a little detail and I will be sure to show,

--

Proud Mom of HM3 Matt

April 15, 2011 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dswiatek

God brought another angel home on Tuesday April 26, 2011... Cpl Adam Jones, India Co. 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines..:( He served along side my son....Rest in Peace Corporal, your work is done.

--

Proud Mom of HM3 Matt

April 30, 2011 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robynn Moore

Proud Mom,

My son is on his 2nd Afghanistan deployment, in all he has had 5 combat deployments.  I remember his first.. as if it were yesterday!  I cannot tell you it gets easier.. but you do learn how to handle it better.  Sleep is still hard to come by.. jump every time the phone rings.. always having it by you... and when you find yourself carrying your lap top into the bathroom with you because you are afraid you will miss a message from him.... you know you are over the edge!   

Robynn

July 16, 2011 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.